GCC Website Migration Project
- The District had determined that all Maricopa colleges move their websites to a “Common Framework” so that all college websites will have a similar look and feel to students.
- The current GCC website hosting ends on June 30, 2020 so GCC must move from the current website to the new Common Framework no later than the end of June.
- Because website usage is typically low just after commencement the Web Team has determined that the best time to move the GCC website to the Common Framework is mid to late May.
- The focus of the new website is “future students”. Any content on the current GCC website that is not aimed at students and the general public cannot be moved to the new GCC website.
- The Web Team is also creating a new Intranet site to move all employee facing pages to. Some portions of the pages on this new Intranet will require a login to view the pages.
- The Curriculum pages on the new website (Fields of Interest and Guided Pathways) will be maintained by the District and “pushed” to the GCC website. GCC will not be able to edit the text on these pages.
Impact on GCC
- District is NOT providing any assistance to move pages from the current website to the new College 2.0 Framework.
- There are many difference between the current GCC website and the new College 2.0 Common Framework. The Web Team has had a series of Town Hall style meeting to communicate details about this project to both faculty & staff. Download a copy of the Town Hall Presentation for more information.
Timeline – Estimated
- May 18th – Preview of New Website Begins
- June 1st – New GCC Website “Go Live”
- June 1st – New GCC Employee/Intranet Site Launches